[转]How to configure webcam in Debian Linux

2009-12-20 13:52| 发布者: admin| 查看: 116| 评论: 0|原作者: 云天青

How to configure webcam in Debian Linux
Posted by
gsri11
on December 4th, 2007
The friend of mine had been presented to me a
webcam
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onmouseover="if(this.width>screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.style.cursor='hand'; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onclick="if(!this.resized) {return true;} else {window.open('http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif');}" onmousewheel="return imgzoom(this);" alt="" />

recently. On the box of Logitech QuickCam, there were logo of an
alternative operation system, but in Debian configuration of a webcam
is as easy as 1-2-3. Here are tips for configuration of a webcam.
Preparing
Some preparing words - if you didn’t compile your own kernel, this section can be omitted.
Webcam
interface
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onmouseover="if(this.width>screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.style.cursor='hand'; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onclick="if(!this.resized) {return true;} else {window.open('http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif');}" onmousewheel="return imgzoom(this);" alt="" />

in kernel is almost like
TV tuner

- it is ordinary video device with /dev/video0 output. That`s why all articles about
TV tuner

configuration can help you as well. So, in kernel must be turned on:

v4l and all of it protocols (v4l monolithically, protocols - as modules)
i2c and it protocols (as well as during TV tuner configuration)

If it is enabled in kernel, you shouldn’t get any problems.
Installation
In the camera`s box was wrote: installation as simple as 1-2-3. So, I get pretty the same:
1. Installing software.
Instead of use tons of proprietary garbage, let`s install from Debian repository:
sudo aptitude install gspca-source camorama
In the /usr/src directory, archive with driver source
gspca-source.tar.bz2 will appear. Unpack it and change directory to
/usr/src/modules/gspca and execute following:
make
Module must compile without errors. Next, do this:

sudo make install
This command will install your module in directory, were other kernel modules are placed. Optionally it can be executed:
sudo depmode -a
That`s almost all, our goal is to load module of a webcam:
sudo modprobe gspca
Next step is to plug camera in USB and start the software.
2. Plugging the webcam
After you plug webcam into USB, it turns on green LED and in kernel logs should appear something like this:
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
/usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c: USB SPCA5XX camera found.(ZC3XX)
/usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_probe:3887] Camera type JPEG
/usr/src/modules/gspca/Vimicro/zc3xx.h: [zc3xx_config:515] Sensor ID:7
/usr/src/modules/gspca/Vimicro/zc3xx.h: [zc3xx_config:597] Find Sensor HV7131R(c)
/usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_getcapability:1165] maxw 640 maxh 480 minw 176 minh 144
usbcore: registered new interface driver gspca
/usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c: gspca driver 01.00.04 registered
It looks like the webcam had been recognised. Now the device file /dev/video0 must appear - this is our camera actually is. After that, webcam soft should be runned:
$ camorama
If all was done correctly, you should see video in a small window of Camorama. It can be something like this:

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onmouseover="if(this.width>screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.style.cursor='hand'; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onclick="if(!this.resized) {return true;} else {window.open('http://bp1.blogger.com/_hM8AMxgJLzw/R0hztmWpqkI/AAAAAAAAAXY/GmNDRml545I/s400/camorama.jpg');}" onmousewheel="return imgzoom(this);" alt="" />

3. Start using camera
Now you can use your cam in Wengophone for video
conference with friends and colleagues. It is need to say that image
processing from webcam consumes processor time very moderate, above
4-5% on my Pentium M 1.75 GHz laptop.
Besides video conferences in VoIP, one can turn fantasy
on and find many interesting applications to webcam. You may use it as
security camera or telemetric device: streamer program can grab pictures from it with defined frequency.
Original post is
HERE
Conclusion
Except that there were mentioned only RedmondOS,
Logitech QuickCam Messanger webcam works great in Linux, and configured
in same three steps minus tons of useless proprietaty garbage.
During the tweaking I used
this
great guidelines because of my custom-made kernel. Those who use distribution kernel,
this
guide may be helpful.
I am very thankful to my friend
Igor Chernjavsky
for presented webcam - thanks a lot!

最新评论

QQ|小黑屋|最新主题|手机版|微赢网络技术论坛 ( 苏ICP备08020429号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 23:26 , Processed in 0.134254 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.