Products
Support
Training
Participate
SDN Home > Java Technology > Java ME > Sun Java Wireless Toolkit for CLDC >

Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2_01 for CLDC Download

Japanese
Simplified Chinese
Traditional Chinese The Sun Java Wireless Toolkit (formerly known as J2ME Wireless Toolkit) is a set of tools for creating Java applications that run on devices compliant with the Java Technology for the Wireless Industry (JTWI, JSR 185) specification and the Mobile Service Architecture (MSA, JSR 248) specification. It consists of build tools, utilities, and a device emulator.
What's new with WTK 2.5.2?
Note: Sun Java Wireless Toolkit Version 2.5.2_01 for CLDC (available December 2008) is a Security Update that corrects vulnerabilities that might allow an untrusted application to execute arbitrary code. The vulnerability can only be exploited if you obtain a malicious program and run it in an earlier version of the toolkit.

The only change in version 2.5.2_01 is the security update, so references to version 2.5.2 on this page and in the documentation correctly identify the most recent feature release. The version 2.5.2 documentation (included in the download) remains valid.

Improved support for multiuser environments
Ubuntu linux release built against glibc 2.3 libraries to provide untested support for other Linux distributions
The Sun Java Wireless Toolkit implements impressive capabilities which are exposed through standard APIs. The APIs are defined through the Java Community Process (JCP):
Mobile Service Architecture (JSR 248)
Java Technology for the Wireless Industry (JTWI) (JSR 185)
Connected Limited Device Configuration (CLDC) 1.1 (JSR 139)
Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) 2.0 (JSR 118)
PDA Optional Packages for the J2ME Platform (JSR 75)
Java APIs for Bluetooth (JSR 82)
Mobile Media API (MMAPI) (JSR 135)
J2ME Web Services Specification (JSR 172)
Security and Trust Services API for J2ME (JSR 177)
Location API for J2ME (JSR 179)
SIP API for J2ME (JSR 180)
Mobile 3D Graphics API for J2ME (JSR 184)
Wireless Messaging API (WMA) 2.0 (JSR 205)
Content Handler API (JSR 211)
Scalable 2D Vector Graphics API for J2ME (JSR 226)
Payment API (JSR 229)
Advanced Multimedia Supplements (JSR 234)
Mobile Internationalization API (JSR 238)
Java Binding for the OpenGL(R) ES API (JSR 239)
You can also develop applications for CLDC 1.0 and MIDP 1.0.
The Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2 includes all of the advanced development features found in version 2.2, 2.5, 2.5.1 such as MIDlet signing, certificate management, integrated over-the-air (OTA) emulation, push registry emulation, and more.
This release of the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit includes Nokia's Scalable Network Application Package (SNAP) Mobile API and the SNAP Mobile Sample Application as part of the toolkit's External API feature. SNAP Mobile is a combination of client software and server infrastructure that supports the creation of networked, community-enabled multiplayer games. For more information, consult the SNAP Mobile web site at http://www.forum.nokia.com/snapmobile. The Emulation Environment, development resources and support for SNAP Mobile are available from http://www.forum.nokia.com/games/snapmobile. Please see SNAP Mobile Emulation Environment Installation for further information.
System Requirements - Software
Microsoft Windows XP and Linux-x86 (English version tested with Ubuntu 6.x)
The following libraries should be present on the system running Ubuntu v6.x:
ibXpm (libxpm-dev)
libXt (libxt-dev)
libX11 (libx11-dev)
libICE (libice-dev)
libSM (libsm-dev)
libpthread (libc6-dev)
libm (libc6-dev)
libnsl (libc6-dev)
libstdc++6-dev
JavaTM 2 Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE SDK), version 1.5.0 - if you plan to do development, or JavaTM 2, Standard Edition Runtime Environment (JRE), version 1.5.0 - if you only plan to run the demonstration applications.
To download the SDK or JRE you want, go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.html
Apple QuickTime player (required to play AMR media on Windows)
To play Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) content on Linux you must have a 3GPP reference implementation. Chapter 8 of the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit User's Guide describes how to enable AMR support.
System Requirements - Hardware
Minimum hardware requirements are:
100 MB hard disk space
128 MB system RAM
800 MHz Pentium III CPU
Installing the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit for CLDC on Windows
First ensure you have an appropriate Java SE environment installed, as described previously.
Run the installer, sun_java_wireless_toolkit-2_5_2-windows.exe. Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
Installing the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit for CLDC on Linux
First ensure you have an appropriate Java SE environment installed, as described previously.
Run the installer, sun_java_wireless_toolkit-2_5_2-linux.bin. Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
Download Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2_01 for CLDC for Windows and Linux

Third Party Licenses
Send product feedback here.
Community involvement
Check out the Mobile and Embedded Community site for application developers where application developers can get Java ME mobile development information and have their applications showcased for the community to see.
SNAP Mobile Emulation Environment Installation
Please note that the SNAP Mobile Emulation Environment needs to be downloaded, installed and started in order to successfully run the SNAP Mobile Sample Application. To download and run the Emulation Environment:
Go to http://www.forum.nokia.com/games/snapmobile and log in (or create an account first if necessary)
Select "SNAP Mobile SDK" from the "Tools and SDKs" section
Download installer and run
Go to: "\SNAPMobile\tools\ServerEmulator\"
Under Windows, run "emu.bat"
This will start the Emulation Environment listening for connections over HTTP on localhost:8080. Run the SnapMobileSample app, and it will connect to the Server Emulator on this port. You should then be able to log in using any of the preconfigured test accounts "test1", "test2", etc. (password = "test"), or else create a new account via the "Create Account" button on the Login screen.

Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about Sun Java Wireless Toolkit for CLDC, please take a look at our FAQ. Related Links
Popular Downloads
- Sun Java Wireless Toolkit for CLDC
- Sun Java Toolkit for CDC
- Java Card technology 2.2.2
- NetBeans Mobility Pack
- Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) 2.0

Support
- Java Partner Engineering Group
- KVM-INTEREST Mailing List
- Developers Access Online
- Java Wireless Device Custom Toolkit Package
- Give Us Feedback!

Products and Technologies
- Wireless Downloads and Tools
- Developing for Wireless Devices
- MIDP Software and Tools
- Java ME Devices

Sun Resources
- Developer Technical Support
- Downloads for Application Development
- Mobile & Embedded Community

About Sun | About This Site | Newsletters | Contact Us | Employment
How to Buy | Licensing | Terms of Use | Privacy | Trademarks

Copyright Sun Microsystems, Inc. A Sun Developer Network Site

Unless otherwise licensed, code in all technical manuals herein (including articles, FAQs, samples) is provided under this License.

Sun Developer RSS Feeds

最新评论

QQ|小黑屋|最新主题|手机版|微赢网络技术论坛 ( 苏ICP备08020429号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-1 01:18 , Processed in 0.202922 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.